There’s no news about how major email service providers like Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, and other advertising companies are monitoring users’ emails, compromising their privacy.
As an ordinary email user that uses emails daily, protecting your email accounts and securing messages that you sent and received is important to you.
Your incoming and outgoing emails are encrypted by email service providers. Nevertheless, encryption alone can’t keep your email messages private because your mail recipient, mail content, name, IP address and location are accessible to your email service provider.
Thus, you need the best anonymous email account to send anonymous emails. These email providers should:
- Require no personal information or any other sort of data when you are creating accounts.
- Never record your IP address and location.
- Keep no-logs of your activity on their accounts.
- Never access your emails.
When do you need a good anonymous email account?
- You want to protect yourself from data
- You don’t want your online activity to be tracked by Google and other email trackers.
- You are interested in human rights campaigns.
- You are in an area where cyber activities are strictly monitored by the
- You are doing something online that includes confidential information.
Tons of anonymous email providers offer free anonymous email accounts, 5 of the best anonymous email providers are listed below.
ProtonMail is one of the oldest anonymous email service providers that opens the era of anonymous and secure mail services.
A group of scientists founded ProtonMail in 2013 to shield online users’ privacy from being tracked by the government and other activities that violate the privacy of users.
- It is located in Switzerland is a country with strong privacy laws to protect users against any violation of privacy.
- ProtonMailadopts end-to-end encryption to stop third-party from accessing your incoming and outgoing emails.
- Personal details such as name and telephone number are not asked when registering for ProtonMail. This enables every ProtonMail user to stay anonymous.
- ProtonMailkeeps a strict no-logging policy. It does not keep a log of IP addresses or any activities.
- Absolutely free and simple email.
- Limited 500 MB basic email cloud storage.
- Costly premium services.
Tutanota is one of the email services with the most stable anonymity available. In combination with the 128-bit AES encryption, Tutanota uses the 2048-bit RSA to provide users with maximum privacy protection.
In addition, Tutanota is located in Germany where data security is well-protected. On the other hand, Germany is also a well-known country for its strict privacy laws that protect the privacy of users from any form of compromise.
- 2FA (Two-factor Authentication) verification to secure your email account from third-party access.
- End-to-end encryption to protect your email from snooping activities.
- Open source code to verify the privacy statements of Tutanota.
- Offer various versions for major platforms such as Android, iOS, and web version.
- Non-advertising email services
- Personal details such as name and telephone number are not asked when registering for
- Tutanota does not log IP addresses or monitor user activity. Tutanota strips IP addresses of all incoming and outgoing messages.
- The built-in calendar service in encrypted.
- A basic account is free to use, offering1 GB of cloud storage space and all features of security. While premium users have more than 1 GB of cloud storage space and can enjoy premium
- Premium services are available for $13.27 yearly. You can add up to five different usernames and an additional user to a single premium account.
- Costly storage capacity upgrade.
Mailfence is a reliable ContactOffice mail service. Mailfence is based in Belgium where users enjoy strict privacy protection because of the strict privacy laws of the country.
- Mailfenceadopts end-to-end encryption to prevent third-party from accessing your incoming and outgoing emails.
- It also uses 2FA verification to prevent unauthorized access to user accounts.
- Additional features: Calendars, Contacts, and secure storage of files.
- A free email account has500MB of cloud storage space and additional 500MB of file cloud storage.
- Premium services can be purchased via Bitcoin payment.
- Mailfence only offers the web version.
- It is not open-source.
Posteo is also an anonymous email service provider based in Germany with a groundbreaking method of encryption. Posteo provides services of email migration from other email service providers. Therefore, if you want to move your email content to your new Posteo mail, it’s an ideal choice.
- TLS and end-to-end encryption.
- It allows you to move email content from other email accounts to Posteo
- Anonymous payment methods.
- It is open-source.
- 2FAadds an additional layer to your email account security.
- Filter viruses and spams for you.
If for whatever reason, you still prefer to use Google mail services or other email services focused on non-privacy, you can still enjoy reliable privacy protection using only a trusted and secure VPN.
- Your email IP address and location can not be accessed by either Google or the government.
- Your online activity won’t be recorded by RitaVPN. Your email account is always protected because there are no records to hand over if the need arises.
Follow the steps below to use RitaVPN with your email.
- Visit the official website of RitaVPN and sign up for a premium account.
- Download and install the RitaVPN software for your smartphone and other devices.
- Select a server location from RitaVPN to connect.
- Run your email client to log into your account. Start sending and receiving emails as an anonymous user.
It is strongly recommended that you use an anonymous email account to protect your private data from the government, advertising firms, and other third parties that monitor you online.